Whether you're new to the school system or a seasoned veteran with several school-age children, there's a lot to know about 4K. It's an exciting time as your child begins his or her school career, and you might be excited or a little sad or maybe even nervous about this milestone. Don't worry! All of those feelings are normal!
We're here to smooth the process and give you as much information as possible to prepare for the big day.
What Do I Need to Know About 4K?
- Your child must be 4 years old on Sept. 1, 2017, to attend 4K for the 2017-18 school year
- The Three Lakes School District has two 4K programs: Sugar Camp and Three Lakes
- Sugar Camp 4K is a morning program that runs M-F, 8-10:45 a.m.
- Three Lakes 4K is an afternoon program that runs M-F, 12:30 to end of school day.
- 4K is fun! Children learn the basics that prepare them for full-day kindergarten.
How Do I Enroll my Child in 4K?
Enrollment is an easy process that just involves a lot of forms. Here's what you'll need to bring to the school office:
What will my child learn in 4K?
4K is preparation for full-day kindergarten. Class content is based on the social and emotional readiness of your child, so you can expect your child to gain skills in sharing, following directions, playing with others, taking turns, solving conflicts and making friends.
What is Child Development Day?
Child Development Day is our annual preschool screening day. It gives you a chance to introduce your child to the school environment and to see how your child's growth and development compare to age group benchmarks. Screening is typically held in January or February the year before your child will enroll in 4K. The event is open to all 3- and 4-year-olds. Children participate in fun, casual playgroups so our staff can observe social, communication, motor and early learning skills.
What if I Have Questions?
Just give the school office a call, and we'll be happy to help. Here are your contacts: