Welcome to Three Lakes School District!
Three Lakes District is located in the heart of the Northwoods, where we’re surrounded by lakes, national forests and plenty of wildlife. Here, bald eagles, loons, white-tailed deer and black bears are commonplace. But so is a community spirit so strong that it rubs off on our students and infiltrates our schools.
We are proud of our technology, academic success and student achievements, but we’re also proud that we have incredible support and involvement from our communities. This truly is where community begins.
Our district includes Sugar Camp Elementary, Three Lakes Elementary and Three Lakes Jr./Sr. High schools and the communities of Hiles, Monico, Piehl, Stella, Sugar Camp and Three Lakes.
Our mission is “teaching students to become productive citizens,” and it’s a statement you’ll find painted on the walls of our buildings, on our website and throughout our district branding. We focus on giving each student a personal education that will equip him or her for a successful future.
What Makes Us Unique?
Ask someone about Three Lakes School District, and you’ll likely hear about our teaching staff and our personalized education. Here are a few other things that set us apart:
- Fab Lab Three Lakes – Our facility is the first K-12 fabrication lab in Wisconsin. Students in all grades are exposed to 3-D printing and the engineering/design process.
- 8th grade Washington D.C. class trip – Our 8th grade class travels to Washington, D.C. each year. The trip is a culmination of a year of study, and the students fundraise throughout the year so the entire class can participate.
- 4th grade Madison class trip – Every year, our 4th graders finish off a year of Wisconsin history by taking a trip to the state capital.
- Community service requirement – Because we believe in preparing our students to be successful citizens, our students must have at least 40 hours of community service to graduate.
- Award-winning fine arts programs – Our music program was recognized as Heid Music’s School of the Month in November 2016. Nearly all of our 6th graders participate in band. Our program includes a high school band, jazz ensemble, junior high band and 6th-grade band. We also offer high school choir and a strong elementary music program.
- Outdoor opportunities – Students take part in mountain biking, cross-country skiing, and snowshoeing as part of our physical education classes. We also offer downhill skiing opportunities, trap shooting and more.
- Junior high structure – Our junior high functions separately from the high school. Junior-high students have designated teachers and homerooms, which has improved academic performance and reduced discipline intervention.
Want to learn more? Schedule a tour today, and see all that Three Lakes School District has to offer.